REFERENCE OF MS WING IN RULES OF BUSINESS 1973
- To act as Management Consultants to the Federal Government and to undertake case studies to solve specific management problems utilizing techniques like PERT, CPM, System Analysis, Operations Research and O&M.
- Review of organizations, functions and procedures of the Divisions, attached departments, all other Federal Government offices and departments, autonomous organizations and taken over industries with the objective of improving their efficiency.
- Periodical review of staff strength in the Divisions, attached departments and all other Federal Government Offices
- Initiation of proposals for simplification of systems, forms, procedures and methods for efficient and economic execution of Government business, minimizing public inconvenience and evolution of built-in safeguards against corruption.
- Training of Government functionaries in techniques like O&M, CPM, PERT, systems analysis and operations research both within the country and abroad.
- Promotion of the knowledge and use of O&M concepts, PERT and CPM techniques, Systems Analysis and Operations Research within all Government offices and organizations.
- Reorganization of a Division or an attached department or a change in the status of an Attached Department.
- Organization, on a permanent basis of a working unit in a Division other than as a Section.
- Determination of the status of Government offices.
REFERENCE OF MS WING IN SECRETARIAT INSTRUCTIONS
Recognizing the importance and utility of the services being rendered by the MS Wing the Government of Pakistan has specifically directed all its Ministries/Divisions/ Departments and organizations under Secretariat Instruction # 75 to utilize the services of this Wing with reference to solving their various organizational and operational problems. The text of this instruction is reproduced below:-
“To prevent unnecessary expansion of the government and to avoid duplication/ overlapping of functions allocated to Ministries/Divisions under Schedule II to the Rules of Business, all the Ministries/Divisions shall comply with the following directions:-
- Utilize the free consultancy services of MS Wing as far as possible and save expenditure on foreign/local consultants.
- Involve MS Wing at the time of expansion also. Expansion in their activities and/or in number of personnel should be got cleared by the MS Wing.
- Give representation to the MS Wing on all Commissions/Committees concerned with the reorganization of government machinery.”